Wednesday 5 December 2012

Pepperberry Button Trim Jersey Top Review

This top is my first item of Pepperberry clothing as their stuff is usually not my style. I've had my eye on this tunic (which also came in grey and navy, and is now available in stripes) for awhile but Pepperberry stuff is SO expensive that I could never justify it. However, I recently found this used one for sale at a much lower price, so I decided to go for it.


This is a size 10C/RC (Curvy/Really Curvy). According to my measurements, I should be wearing a 10SC or possibly an 8SC, so I was worried it wouldn't have enough boob room. However, when I was living in Edinburgh I had briefly popped into Pepperberry to verify my size, and the size that fit me best was actually 8RC. So I decided there was probably a range into which I could comfortably fit, and I'd heard that these tops have a little extra boob space. That turned out to be true.


The top is a perfect fit on me, somewhat to my surprise. It is a little bit low-cut, so I have to wear it with a plunge bra (Bravissimo Thea in 28J with an extender) since everything else shows. The Thea isn't exactly a show-stopped as bras go--it gets kind of saggy throughout the day and I need to occasionally rearrange things to prevent that, but I like that it doesn't show too much cleavage and is unpadded. I would feel pretty exposed wearing my Freya Deco (30GG) with this top.


My favorite aspect of the Button Trim Jersey tunic is that it's actually long enough to wear with leggings! It covers my whole butt. I've always been disappointed that BiuBiu tops are not long enough to pair with leggings, so this is a better option for me.


It's also a higher-quality fabric than I'm used to. I almost always wear a camisole under stretchy clothes to prevent see-through-ness and feel a little more covered up. But this top is thick enough jersey that even colored bras hardly show through it.

I really love this top and I have also managed to scrounge up one of the sold-out gray ones to buy! The size I found for sale in the gray is a 10RC/SC, so it will have more boob space than this pink one. I'm curious to know how that will alter the fit, and will review the gray when it arrives.

10 comments:

  1. This looks really great on you! I recently discovered your blog & absolutely love it! Have you gotten your Ewa Machalak order in yet? I'm dying to hear the review of the bra you ordered!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I drooled over this shirt a year ago or so when it came out, but it sold out so fast I never had the chance to order one (though that was probably good thing for my wallet). Awesome that you found one, and I think it looks really nice on you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they were so expensive at full price :(

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for turning me on to a new brand. I've been looking for tops to go over leggings, too. Unfortunately it seems the smallest size they make is a UK 8 which I think is equivalent to a US 6. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I wear a US 2. I've looked at other clothing specialty shops that cater to larger busts and I've run into the same thing. So many people don't believe you can be thin and curvy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A UK 8 is a US 4. I'd recommend going by the measurements, though--the sizes don't always equate perfectly.

      Delete


  4. meta slim


    When people walk away from you, let them go. Your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you, and it doesn't mean they are bad people. It just means that their part in your story is over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live in Canada and wear jeans size 8. The woman at Pepperberry and I have been emailing back and forth about what sizes to get. She recommended I get the 12RC. In tops, I can wear a variety of sizes as it just depends on the brand. I am a 34G or 34H (which is 34FF in UK sizing I believe). Do you find their clothing true to size? Shipping time is 2 weeks, so I'd like to be confident in what I'm ordering.

    ReplyDelete